- I give that back. It doesn’t belong to me.
- I have access to the resources, support, and love of the Universe.
- I have access to all that I need.
- I am responsible only for myself.
- I can choose to support and nurture others when it honors my Self to do so.
- It honors no one when I give at my own expense, when I sacrifice or give when I don’t want to.
- I pray for strength, courage and clarity to honor my inner child, my deepest truth in the moment.
- Your highest good = my highest good.
- When I honor myself, my sense of playfulness takes care of itself.
- I am safe to honor my needs and desires.
- I know what I desire.
- I release others’ expectations for me.
- Other people’s needs, expectations and emotions belong to them alone.
- The Universe wants me to be happy.
- Spirit wants nothing more than my happiness.
- I give back that which does not belong to me.
- Other people’s pain belongs to them alone.
- Other people’s fear belongs to them alone.
- I give back all that is unlike love – all that does not belong to me.
- I love you best by honoring myself and sharing my authentic self with you and remaining heart connected, and communicating with you my limits, my joys.
- It is my responsibility to take care of myself, only, and to interact honestly and with compassion for those I am in contact with.
- You have your own path, your own power, and your own connection to the Divine.
- I honor your strength, your power, and your connection to the Divine.
- It is not mine to save anyone but myself.
- I release any and all urges to save others or manipulate situations so that others are okay.
- I pray for guidance, strength, courage, and clarity so that I can easily release all that it is not mine to do.
- I now assume responsibility for myself.
- I pray for guidance and clarity to release the fears surrounding my ability to maintain my Self in the face of others’ hardship and pain.
- I am worthy of love no matter what I do, how I respond, what I give, or what I choose to do with my time.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am worthy of love unconditionally.
- I am unconditionally worthy of love.
- I am worthy of unconditional love.
- I release the need to fix things in order to feel safe.
- I need not do anything to be safe.
- I am safe now.
- I honor my limits, my needs, and my boundaries.
- I can best connect in real and intimate ways when I honor my own needs first.
Memory: Mom was sick and incapacitated and she believed she was dying.
I felt like I was the only one available to extend my help and caring, and it felt like there was no end to her incapacitation.
When she was ill it was difficult or impossible for me to find my own inner child, my sense of playfulness, or my integrity.
IDENTIFIED ERROR THOUGHTS
- I can’t trust my judgment.
- I’m not worthy.
- It is not safe to feel.
- I am incapable of intimacy.
- I don’t know myself.
- I lose myself when I am close to another.
- When you are sick, my needs don’t matter or exist.
- I am uncaring or wrong if I continue what I am doing if it’s not for you.
- You want me to suffer with you.
- If I don’t care for you I must not love you.
- If I don’t care for you, you’ll die.
- If I don’t do something now I’ll lose your love.
- If I don’t do something now I’ll be unworthy of your love.
- I need to do something to fix this.
- Because you are sick/uncomfortable I don’t have limits, inner truth, or needs.
- I’m bad and selfish if I recognize, communicate limits or needs when you are sick/uncomfortable.
- Your needs come first.
0 thoughts on “Current Affirmations”
Thank you for this amazing gift. I ‘m trying to make sense of fourty odd years including lots of dysfunction mainly on my part, yet there has been some “abuses”. Feeling near the end of my rope has led me here and there where I often seem to end up on the guilty one who should expect little. I’m not even suppose to be searching for these answers it seems. But your website is such a gift, so I say, Thank You very much.
These affirmations and ‘identified error thoughts’ are so familiar. Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s the emotional life that is most often neglected, with dire consequences. Sometimes it’s good to remind ourselves out loud what is going round and round in our minds.
Thank you for your work. Please keep it going!